Powered by Blogger.

Review: L'Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare Extraordinary Oil Collection

by - April 10, 2016

L'Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare Extraordinary Oil Collection
I received the new L'Oréal Paris Advanced Hair Care Extraordinary Oil Collection courtesy of Influenster and L'Oréal Paris for testing purposes. This new addition to the Advanced Haircare line up is ideal for dry, lifeless hair. This system of products aims to eliminate dryness in 1 wash and transform dry hair to soft and lustrous. This is achieved via the mix of six luscious, lightweight oils: Argan, Chamomile, Coconut, Amla, Soja and Sunflower. The question is can shampoo really change your hair?
The line contains four products:
Nourishing Shampoo & Conditioner
Lightweight formulas for silkier, softer, more lustrous hair
Transforming Oil-in-Cream
One leave-in product, many transforming uses:
-Before blowdrying to lock in moisture
-On dry hair to soften, smooth, and add shine
-As a night treatment to rejuvenate
Lustrous Oil Serum
Ultra-light, fast absorbing serum for silky shine

So now that you know more about the product, let's get on to whether it works or not. First off, let me just say I LOVE the smell and anyone who knows me (or if you've read a few of my reviews) you know this is a big issue for me because I'm sensitive to scents. If they're too strong it can trigger a migraine, which is no bueno but I'm happy to say that that's not a problem for this product. The shampoo felt good on my hair and actually fully lathered up on the first wash. This usually only happens on the second or third shampoo'ing once the build up is gone. My hair felt clean with the first wash but I did a second with literally a dime-sized amount and it covered all my hair. With the conditioner it said to leave on for the usual 1-3 minutes but I opted to go for a deep conditioning option. I left it on for 10 min and applied heat as well with my bonnet dryer.

If you look at my before and after pic you'll notice my hair was previously red. This has been my go to color in various forms for years but I am in the process of lightening my hair some, which can't be done with red hair. I tried and didn't know. Oops! The color has to be stripped first. There's various ways of doing this and I did it without using bleach but any process you use will result in dry hair. My hair is already dry, as I mentioned, so I was concerned that I would have be deep conditioning my hair for awhile before it felt good again. However, I rinsed my hair and it did not feel dry at all. I was very surprised. So this claim about transforming hair in 1 wash wasn't just a ploy to get you to buy the product. As instructed, I followed with the Transforming Oil-in-Cream. The cream is only 5.1oz and says use a dime-sized amount or more depending on the length of your hair. For my hair this size proves rather small because of the amount I need to use to get all of my hair. It would run out quickly. My hair didn't feel noticeably moisturized though. But my curly hair needs more moisture than most and I late found out there is a secondary part of this collection made specifically for curls, which should work better for me. I finished with the Lustrous Oil Serum, which is lightweight oil meant be quickly absorbed so no greasy feeling hair. For dry hair, it is essential to end with an oil to lock in the hydration achieved from the use of a moisturizer. I braid my hair and went to sleep hoping for great result when I saw the finish results.
A lot of products claim to be lightweight and this is the first time I felt like my hair was actually lighter. I'm not sure if I ever felt it be that light with multiple products being used. I was impressed with the results. So much so that I went out and purchased the other products in this collection for curly hair. It consists of Shampoo, Conditioner and a Re-Nourish Mask. I will still continue to use these products too because I liked the results I just feel like my hair needs more moisture and I didn't quite get that fully from the regular line. But I do wish the Curls products also included some type of leave-in conditioner as well. I will have to use something else for now but I highly recommend this line. I haven't used the Curls products yet but I'm sure I will love them as well. I will definitely continue to use the entire collection of products. You can purchase the full collection at Target here. If you try it, please let me know how you like the products.

Happy hunting!





I'm on Facebook now so go like my page for my latest updates.


A sample of this product was given to Lip Drama for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on lipdrama.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews. For more information, click here.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Please refrain from spam and posting links to other sites/blogs. Thank you.