|Image Caption: +BlackOpalBeauty|
Black Opal is the hidden secret of many Pro Makeup Artists. Their cream stick foundations and finishing powders are staples in many pro kits due to their quality and reasonable prices. Now they are introducing a new oil-free liquid foundation that aims to provide flawless coverage with a high definition finish.
Swatches after the jump...
The True Color Pore Perfecting Liquid Foundation comes in 12 shades with a convenient dispenser pump. Shades names remain the same names as previous foundations, however, Rich Caramel is not included while Champagne Beige is a new addition. It's exclusive poreless technology helps minimize the appearance of enlarged pores, controls excess oil and renews skin natural radiance. It has an oil, fragrance and paraben-free formula, which makes it suitable for all skin types, including sensitive.
|Image Credit: @_honeychile|
- Champagne Beige- light beige with peachy tone
- Kalahari Sand- light tan with yellow tone
- Heavenly Honey- tan with red tone
- Truly Topaz- medium tan with yellow tone
- Nutmeg- medium light brown with yellow tone
- Beautiful Bronze- medium light brown with red tone
- Hazelnut- medium brown with yellow tone
- Au Chocolat- medium brown with red tone
- Carob- medium dark brown with yellow tone
- Suede Mocha- medium dark brown with red tone
- Black Walnut- dark brown with neutral tone
- Ebony Brown- deep brown with neutral tone
Toi Wagner, who was able to test the product, says although the shade names are the same as previous foundation products the colors are lighter. She normally wears Beautiful Bronze/Hazelnut but in this foundation she found she needed a shade darker, which is Carob. She noted the foundation has a matte finish with medium yet buildable coverage. The cost is $10.95 for 1oz of product. For comparison, Mac Cosmetics 1 oz foundations costs $32-42. I'm very interested in trying this out. If you are too, you can it purchase online here. Otherwise, CVS starting rolling out this foundation late January, Duane Reade will be doing so now and Rite Aid will not carry this until March with permanent displays being added in April. In addition, Walmart will be rolling this out in April.
Be sure to follow on Lip Drama's new Google Plus Page!