Powered by Blogger.

Review: Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette

by - June 16, 2016

This palette is launching today, June 16th, in stores and will restock online as well. It is limited edition and they insist it will remain that way so don't assume it will be made permanent only to be disappointed later. Along with this palette the rest of the Champagne Collection will launch as well, which includes an eyeshadow palette and Champagne Pop in pressed, cream and liquid form. However, only the face palette is limited edition as all forms of Champagne Pop are now permanent.
Jaclyn Hill x Becca Champagne Collection Face Palette ($52) features 3 blushes and 2 shimmering skin perfectors:
Rosé Spritz, soft peachy pink with pale gold shimmer (0.10 oz)*
Amaretto, matte toasted almond (0.12 oz)ˆ
Pamplemousse, matte warm coral pink (0.12 oz)ˆ
Champagne Pop, soft white gold with peachy pink undertones (0.19 oz)
Prosecco Pop, medium warm gold (0.19 oz)
*luminous blush, ˆmineral blush

For reference, the full size Mineral Blushes ($32) are 0.20 oz, the Luminous Blushes ($34) are 0.21 oz and the Shimmering Skin Perfectors ($38) are 0.28 oz. So as far as value this palette is well worth the price when compared to the full size products as you are getting way more than the full size amount of one highlighter and blush, which would total well over $52.
The palette is beautiful but a little hard to open. It almost made me a little scared that I might drop it in an attempt to open it. So be careful. I love the palette design but it gets dirty very easily with fingerprints and the product inside has some fallout when you dip your brush in so that gets on the nice gold interior as well. And my interior was also easily scratched by the plastic cover on the inside. I don't know how that happened but it annoyed me to see my beautiful new palette no longer in pristine condition.
Out of all the blushes the Rosé Spritz luminous blush is my favorite. On darker skin tones it will definitely work more as a highlighter. I was hoping a little of the pink/coral color would still come through but on the cheek it gave a rosy gold highlight and didn't give me any blush feel at all. The brown blush Amaretto does not show up at all on my face to work as a blush. It does have a gold shimmer throughout and when applied to my cheeks it looks like a very subtle highlighter since the shimmer is the only thing you can see on my brown skin. So that was to be expected but it's still a little disappointing. However, if you have dark skin this would serve you better as an eyeshadow.
Wearing Pamplemousse blush
The last blush, Pamplemousse, is bright and I thought I would have to be careful with application so I didn't look like a clown. Turns out on the face and even with layering it still only gave a very slight rosy look to my cheeks (as pictured). This may be fine for those who don't want a lot of color on the cheeks but I would like the option of toning it down and not be forced to work with barely any color. This was very disappointing especially when I have cheaper blushes with much more pigmentation. I thought maybe it was the type of brush I was using so I tried others. That did little to help apply more pigment. I found the best way was to apply some with my finger to the apples of my cheeks and then I used a brush to blend it to more. This allowed me to have more color on my cheek but if anyone knows or finds out a better way please let me know.
Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette swatches on deep/dark skin
Top-Bottom: Rosé Spritz, Amaretto, Pamplemousse, Champagne Pop & Prosecco Pop
The highlighters of course show up well. But I was expecting more from Prosecco Pop. From the Snapchat previews that were going around, I was expecting a brilliant gold shine. But it's just ok in my opinion. I actually prefer Champagne Pop when it comes to the glow these give me. Prosecco Pop is pretty though but if you're a true makeup junkie you probably have multiple gold highlighters and may already have something in your collection that's close to these shades.
Overall I think this palette is ideal for fair to medium skin tones, which isn't surprising as I find most collaborations seem to work best on the skin tone of the collaborator. But alas, that is the way of the beauty world and it's something I've come to expect especially since I have darker skin. This is changing and hopefully companies will place more importance on their products being able to work for all skin tones. While this palette swatched well with my finger on my arm, it didn't fare quite as I had hoped on my face. So unfortunately I will be returning my palette as I don't think it's worth the price since the shades don't work for me in the way I had hoped. Instead, I will probably try out the City Color Cosmetics Timeless Beauty Palette, which is very similar and only $25 but seems to work better for darker skin tones. (Be sure to use code lipdrama to save an additional 25% in addition to sales.) If you're interested in picking up the new Becca palette it will be available today, June 16th on Sephora.com and Sephora.ca at 9am EST. as well as in stores. So set your alarm and be quick because this is sure to sell out fast.

Happy hunting!






Follow me for the latest updates: Instagram | Twitter Facebook

You May Also Like

0 comments

Please refrain from spam and posting links to other sites/blogs. Thank you.