Powered by Blogger.

NYX Prismatic Eyeshadow Swatches & Review

by - March 13, 2015


NYX Cosmetics released several new products for Spring 2015. I purchased four of their new Prismatic Eyeshadows from ULTA Beauty in Golden Peach, Mermaid (of course!),  Liquid Gold and Girl Talk. How cute is the packaging with the silver bow?!

A closer look after the jump...

Golden Peach (PS 07). Would make a great blush. Similar to the Nars Orgasm look. Peachy pink with golden shimmer. Wasn't as pigmented with one swipe. It was more sheer but the color can be built up.

Mermaid (PS 05). Lovely teal blue/green shimmer. Unique. Very appropriate name for the color. This one is my fave. Looks even better over a black base and when applied wet.

Liquid Gold (PS 03). Not quite gold as the name suggests. It's more of a light bronze than gold. Beautiful color and application but very dupeable. In fact, it was almost an exact match to Coastal Scents New Penny eyeshadow.

Girl Talk (PS 04). Beautiful metallic pale pink. Application was buttery and smooth like the others. One swipe full color.

Here are the shadows in different lighting:
Comparison: NYX Liquid Gold (L), Coastal Scents New Penny (R)
NYX Mermaid applied dry (L) then wet (R)
Comparison L-R: Coastal Scents Mauve Frost, NYX Girl Talk and Coastal Scents Light Pink
Overall, I like the shadows but they are not convenient especially for someone who likes palettes. These are not in a pan and only inside of the plastic housing. So you would not be able to depot these. I know because I dropped one of the shadows and it neatly popped out. For $6 these eyeshadows are very nice but I would suggest waiting for a sale. A couple shades are unique enough but others are easily duped. When I compared similar shades to my Coastal Scents Hot Pots I couldn't justify keeping them when my Hot Pots were so much cheaper. Mermaid is my fave of the ones I selected and I do love the way it looks even more so when applied wet. 

Happy Hunting!




Be sure to follow on Lip Drama's new Google Plus Page!

You May Also Like

0 comments

Please refrain from spam and posting links to other sites/blogs. Thank you.