Powered by Blogger.

MAC Viva Glam Rihanna 2 Review & Swatches

by - September 15, 2014


I was very excited to get my hands on Rihanna's new Viva Glam lipstick and gloss. The first one was ok to me as it was a frosty red but nothing all that special in my opinion. I tried it out but didn't purchase. Eventually I will as it is for a good cause and the packaging is fab. But this new one I just had to get. The color was unique and although it veered away from usual bright and bold colors. I find it bold in a unique and understated way. I was told it makes me look more mature, which isn't a bad thing. And others did point out that they liked it but missed my usual bright colors. But Fall is almost here and I can't rock bright lips all the time. Plus I do love a vampy lip as well. Can't wait to pull out some of my faves.
Here is the lipstick by itself. It's described as a warm mauvey silver frost but it's basically a silver frosted brown. Nothing wrong with brown lipsticks. As you can see with my lip color it doesn't really wow on it's on.
Viva Glam Rihanna 2 Lipstick
Here is the lipstick and gloss together, which in my opinion is how it should be worn. It is such a pretty combo and not one you see often. I find it a nice change from my usual colors. It's described as a cool mauve with red frost, which fits for the most part. It also has lots of shimmer, which was hard to capture.
Viva Glam Rihanna 2 Lipstick & Lipglass
The lipstick by itself is an odd choice but with the gloss it comes to life. It's a winning combo and goes perfectly with deeper skin tones. I love it and will definitely be picking up a back up as this set is limited edition. But no need to rush as it should be available for at least 6 months. Try both with a deep purple liner like Mac Currant or Night Moth for another winning combo.
Just a reminder: 100% of all Viva Glam proceeds goes towards helping women, men and children living and affected by HIV/AIDS. So don't feel guilty about this purchase since it's for a good cause.

Happy Hunting!

You May Also Like

0 comments

Please refrain from spam and posting links to other sites/blogs. Thank you.