Powered by Blogger.

NEW Wet n Wild Pop! Back to School Collection + Swatches

by - June 28, 2016


Have you spotted Wet n Wild's latest collection? While it might still be June and school may have just ended, Wet n Wild is already giving us classroom vibes with their Pop! Back to School Collection. It features six lip glosses, four nail polishes and two false lash styles in fun, limited edition packaging.
L-R: Floral Support, A Case of Blue, Edie in Pink & One Grape Or Another
The MegaLast Candy Gloss Nail Tints have a translucent jelly effect with a high gloss finish. However, the guidable color offers multiple looks. These are priced at $1.99 each.
Image credit: +wetnwildbeauty 
The Color Icon Lip Gloss has an ultra-slick, high-shine jelly finish, which means don't expect full coverage. These are sheer to medium coverage glosses that moisturize as well as condition the lips. These are priced at $1.99 each. Here's some swatches of all six shades on light and dark skin tones from Wet n Wild's Snapchat.
L-R: Jackie à la Mode, Lilac Theater, Raised on Good Corals, Strawberries and Femme, Very Well Red & Violet in Furs.
Here's what I picked up from the collection:
I skipped out on the light pink gloss (not a fan of pale pinks for my skin tone) but I got the others that were in still in stock. If I find the other two shades, I will definitely be picking those up as well. I was curious about the polishes plus the Pop Art packaging is cute so I picked up two of the nail polishes as well.
L-R: Very Well Red, Lilac Theater & Violet in Furs
These are sheer glosses so I recommend pairing these with a matching lipstick or lip liner. These glosses are not sticky and the scent is a light floral. Nothing too noticeable. For $2, I definitely recommend them and the fun packaging is a plus. I hope Wet n Wild does other limited edition packaging for more collections in the future. 

The two nail polishes I picked up are Edie in Pink and A Case of Blue. I did not realize they were jelly polishes at the time but I guess reading is fundamental. The regular polishes just say MegaLast while these also say Candy Gloss Nail Tint alluding to their sheer nature. The above swatches were done with one layer and below I added an additional layer. You can see it already started to build, which is nice about jelly polishes. They can go from translucent and build in color the more layers you add. You can even add a fun glitter layer in between as well making it a "jelly sandwich". I also tried layering both shades and made a pretty purple. 
In store displays only have two of each item and at such a low price they are going fast. Find this limited edition collection at your local drugstore or get it now online from the Wet n Wild Beauty website

Happy hunting!





Follow me for the latest updates: Instagram | Twitter Facebook

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

You May Also Like

0 comments

Please refrain from spam and posting links to other sites/blogs. Thank you.