Powered by Blogger.

Review: Design Essentials Natural Honey & Shea Edge Tamer

by - January 02, 2016

Design Essentials Natural Honey & Shea Edge Tamer

One thing that every natural has (or should have) in their arsenal is an edge control product. Our hair is curly and our edges are too or at their worst frizzy. And that's not the desired look when you want a sleek look. Plus when you use an edge control product to sleek your edges down it brings the texture out and enhances your curl pattern. I love the waves it emphasizes. But what I don't love is having a sleek look for 20 minutes only to find later they have curled right back up. That pretty much defeats the purpose of the product if it can't actually "control" my edges. 


I was using ORS Olive Oil Edge Control mostly because I found it at a temporarily mark down in a local beauty supply store and it came with a cute mini one for traveling. This was essential especially since I would need touch ups if I wanted my look to stay sleek. I have tried several edge control products and they all say they can be used on dry or wet hair. However, I found with nearly all of them that it never works on my hair when wet. When dry, they worked at best moderately well. Sure you could use a head tie to help them set better and last longer but none lasted as long as they advertised. I had accepted that no product would ever actually keep my edges slick and sleek so I had become satisfied with the moderate hold until now.
Design Essentials Natural Honey & Shea Edge Tamer in action
I received a new edge control product a while back in my Curl Box, which is a monthly hair subscription box aimed at curly girls. I had never heard of the brand Design Essentials and at first I didn't use it due to the scent. I'm sensitive to scents and I also suffer from migraines so anything I'm not too fond of I tend not to use because I don't want it to be a trigger for a migraine. The scent isn't bad as it's honey and lemon based but I just found it strong. I decided to give it a chance and it the scent didn't linger for too long. I used it on my hair dry and it seemed to work very well. It lasted longer than others I tried but it wasn't the all day hold I longed for. I was starting to think maybe I was asking for too much in a product. But then one day I tried it on my damp hair and it blew me away. It lasted for hours and my edges looked just as good as when I first applied it. (These pics are all after 6+ hours of wear.) Every curly girl needs to give this edge tamer a try because if it works as well for you then the buck stops here. No need to look elsewhere for when you want that sleek pulled back look. I'm sold! I didn't even have to use a huge amount of product. And the next day I slept with a scarf on and woke up with my edges still looking sleek. I just touched up some spots here and there but it lasted overnight. That's amazing. My hair didn't feel weighed down with product either. So all in all I highly recommend this edge control product. I'll definitely will be purchasing this again. It doesn't just tame edges, it saves lives lol. That should definitely be their new tag line btw.
Design Essentials Natural Honey & Shea Edge Tamer
Taming edges sand saving lives
Still perfect in the back too after 6+ hours
The Design Essentials Natural Honey & Shea Edge Tamer retails for $11.99. It can be purchased at the Design Essentials online shopTargetAmazon, Sally BeautyCurlMart, and even at your local beauty supply store (but just a heads up, mine was overcharging by $5 smh). 

Happy hunting!




Follow me for the latest updates: Instagram | Tumblr | Twitter

You May Also Like

0 comments

Please refrain from spam and posting links to other sites/blogs. Thank you.