Powered by Blogger.

MAC Goddess of the Sea Dupe

by - August 02, 2014


If you were lemming over Mac's limited edition Alluring Aquatics lipsticks then I've got a little bit of good news for you. I was swatching my purple lipsticks for an upcoming post and realized I had two that looked almost identical. If you didn't get a chance to grab Mac's Goddess of the Sea limited edition lipstick then you're in luck. Wet n Wild's Ravin' Raisin 916D is almost identical. There is one minor difference in finish. Mac's sports a cremesheen finish while Wet n Wild has a semi-matte finish, which means Ravin' Raisin has a little less shine. However, I found it's color is much more opaque and that is a big plus in my book. I'd go as far as saying I prefer the dupe over the original. 
Mac's Goddess of the Sea retails for $17.50 while you can get Wet n Wild's Ravin' Raisin for a fraction of the cost at $2-3. Mac is known for its long wear time but I found cremesheens can easily transfer when eating or drinking. Wet n Wild Mega Last lipsticks tend to fade from the center and does transfer some when eating or drinking as well. But at its low price point and the fact that it actually lasts the advertised four hours, I don't mind having to reapply. 

While all signs may point to the dupe, Mac does get MAJOR brownie points for having spectacular packing that had everyone drooling. But if you missed out on the collection or you'd just rather have a budget friendly alternative then give Ravin' Raisin a try. I know I'm sure gonna be reaching for it more. 

Happy Hunting!

You May Also Like

0 comments

Please refrain from spam and posting links to other sites/blogs. Thank you.