Powered by Blogger.

Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow Review & Swatches

by - July 09, 2014

Milani is a top drugstore brand so it's no wonder everyone's abuzz about their new Bella Eyes eyeshadows. But thankfully they are a permanent fixture for the brand and not a limited edition collection. Their Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadows retails for $3.99-$4.59 and are sold exclusively at select Walgreens and CVS stores as well as on the Milani website. There are a total of 30 shades in the collection with a mix of satin matte, metallic and shimmer shades. The shades are divided into 5 different shade ranges including Nudes & Browns, Smoky & Sky, Purples & Greens, Metallics, and Brights & Lights. 


As you can see from my photo, only 18 shades were available at the display in my local store. Milani has also confirmed that by the end of July the permanent fixtures should be in stores with all shades being available. I am very interested in Bella Rouge, however, it was not available in any if the stores I've checked. So I'll get it later on. But for now I did pick up a couple shades. This was my first time using Milani's eye shadows and I am impressed. They are very pigmented and truly only needed one swipe to be opaque as advertised. I found some creasing did occur when I wore it without a primer. Of the few shades I picked up, Bella Teal is my favorite. It has a iridescent finish and reminds me of mermaids (I love Ariel btw). They blend easily and it's possible to create an endless amount of looks by mixing and matching as the shades were created to complement each other. As far as the "gel" aspect, I'm not sure where that comes into play as it doesn't feel like a gel.
Here's the description straight from Milani's website:
"A gel powder – what would that even look like? We’ll tell you: It looks like rich, vibrant color that glides on in a single stroke, delivering a stunning multi-dimensional effect. What makes it a gel powder? Well, the formula starts as a gel and then is transformed by a special process into a stunning powder eyeshadow with pure color and power wear. 
The unique process allows you to blend this incredibly innovative, weightless formula easily with your fingertips to light up your eyes. Even more to entice: It can used wet or dry, resists creasing,and comes in satin matte, shimmer and iridescent metallic finishes. You just have to try this gel powder. It’s that different."
Here's the suggested "How To" directions from site as well:
"Apply using ring finger or brush for luminous eyes in one stroke. Use lighter shades on brow bone as a highlighter, mid-tone shades on the lid and deeper shades for contouring in the crease. Use any shade WET as a liner to create intense color or added definition for limitless, multidimensional looks as unique as you!"


Image Credit: MilaniCosmetics.com
These are the four I purchased: Bella Violet, Bella Teal, Bella Champagne and Bella Cappuccino.


Bella Cappuccino (Satin Matte), Bella Violet (Shimmer), Bella Champagne (Shimmer) and Bella Teal (Metallic).
(Without Flash)
As you can see Bella Cappuccino is pretty much my skin tone so it serves no purpose for me. I wanted a soft brown that was slightly darker for using in my crease to create soft looks. I probably should've went with Bella Espresso.
Bella Cappuccino (Satin Matte), Bella Violet (Shimmer), Bella Champagne (Shimmer) and Bella Teal (Metallic).
(With Flash)

Here's all 30 shades:



>>>UPDATE: Click here to see how Milani Bella Eyes Eyeshadows are a dupe for Make Up For Ever's new Artist Shadows.

Happy Hunting!




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You May Also Like

0 comments

Please refrain from spam and posting links to other sites/blogs. Thank you.