Powered by Blogger.

NEW Melt Cosmetics Beetlejuice Collection + Swatches!

by - November 25, 2020

Melt Cosmetics Beetlejuice Juice Collection

It's no secret that I gravitate towards unique and bold shades, so when I saw the teaser for Melt Cosmetics' latest collection I knew I'd be making a purchase from it. But the more they revealed, the more I wanted so I decided I'd gift myself the entire PR box so I purchased it during the early release. I'm excited that it arrived early, which is good news for you guys so we can get up-close and personal before the official launch. Sorry I did intend to have this up much sooner but I prefer natural light and it was very cloudy last week. I swatched everything and will give you guys my initial thoughts as well.
Let's start with the stars of the show- the palettes. This collection features two with very unique color stories. 
Recently Deceased Palette, $48 
This color story is inspired by Beetlejuice himself and features 4 Pressed Pigments, 2 Ultra-mattes and 2 Metallics in vibrant purples, manic greens, and mossy yellows.
Melt Cosmetics x Beetlejuice Recently Deceased Palette
Melt Cosmetics x Beetlejuice Collection Recently Deceased Palette

Melt Cosmetics x Beetlejuice Recently Deceased Palette Closeup

Melt Cosmetics x Beetlejuice Recently Deceased Palette Closeup

Melt Cosmetics x Beetlejuice Recently Deceased Palette Swatches on deep skin tone
Melt Cosmetics x Beetlejuice Collection Recently Deceased Palette Swatches

This palette was the one I most wanted. I love the color story. The shimmers are not done justice ny this picture. That dark green is a beauty and the gold is glorious. The light green shade, Betelguese, needed layering and was a little powdery. Draw A Door, the mustard shade, also needed some layering on my skin as well. Keep in mind I swatch without using primers and even still these eyeshadows all show quite well on my skin tone. 

The Waiting Room Palette, $58 
This color story is inspired by the dynamic characters featured in the waiting room scene and their individual stories. Complete with a custom press of the sawed girl’s legs. Features 6 Ultra-mattes, 2 Pressed Pigments, 1 Metallic and 1 Shimmer in crimsons, burgundies and ashy grey tones. 
Melt Cosmetics x Beetlejuice The Waiting Room Palette
Melt Cosmetics x Beetlejuice Collection The Waiting Room Palette

Melt Cosmetics x Beetlejuice The Waiting Room palette swatches on deep skin tone
The Waiting Room Palette Swatches
As you can see there are some shades in this palette that are very similar and I did find when I blended it on my skin the difference in the shades was not very noticeable for the two lighter grey shades and the two dark reds. But otherwise, the mattes were opaque and smooth. I was surprised even Sandworm, the white shade, didn't require much extra layering despite not having used a primer or base. And the shimmers are a dream. This picture really doesn't do them justice. The one shade that requires a bit of care is Juon, which is the silvery grey flakey foil. I found it applied best with your fingers.
It's all in the details. This palette's color story is inspired by the waiting room scene and inside the palette you'll find it the plastic cover actually features an image from that very scene.

*Please note like with many other pressed pigments on the market, they contain ingredients that are not FDA approved for eye use. With that said, FDA restrictions differ by country and we are just more strict here. I have used such products without any issues. If you're sensitive, you might want to test these shades first but I'd suggest not using them in your waterline to be safe and using a primer with them as often pressed pigments can stain the skin because they're so pigmented.
Melt x Beetlejuice Collection Lydia Mirror + Lydia Brush Set
Lydis Brush Set, $80
Fully vegan, synthetic brush set with black and white bristles that comes in an elegant faux leather sandworm clutch style makeup bag. I definitely plan to use mine as a clutch. It's too pretty and detailed to use just for brush storage. 
Melt x Beetlejuice Collection Lydia Brush Set Clutch
Melt x Beetlejuice Collection Lydia Brush Set Clutch

Melt x Beetlejuice Collection Lydia Brush Set Clutch
The set features 4 eye brushes and a lip brush: Round Detail Short #28, Medium Shading #29, Detail Blend #830, Lip Brush #516 and Tapered Blend #820.

Lydia Mirror, $21
Handheld mirror featuring floating Lydia "rocking her body in time". I love the design as it's such great nod to the film.
The Supernatural Lash Set, $35
Includes Supernatural Lash Mascara (sold separately, $24) and the Supernatural Lash Curler, which is only sold in this set. The Supernatural Lash Mascara features an hourglass brush and adds volume and length by applying plant fibers to your individual lashes.

The Afterlife Gel Liner, $19
Ultra-matte neon chartreuse. This hue was intentionally created sheer to create the perfect neon tone that isn’t pastel. Works best when applied in thin layers. It is described as sheer but I found it was nearly opaque in one swipe.

125 Years Gel Liner, $19
Ultra matte, opaque gravestone grey. Perfect smooth application. Completely opaque.

Utterly Alone Pigment Paint, $19
New Product! A rich purple hue with luminescent indigo pigment. Creamy, long-wearing gel texture glides on with ease and effortlessly blends. Apply this dimensional hue to the face body, and beyond. *Not FDA approved for eye use. I found this shade performed best with a flat brush. It was semi-opaque with a buildable coverage. I also used an angled liner brush but it applied patchy and would definitely need another layer.
I have swatched these using an angled liner brush and also using my finger. I found if you stretch the skin when applying it once dry it will have a texture. 
These do dry down to a matte finish as you can see but they're not fast drying so you don't have to rush when applying and can easily layer if needed.
These finger swatches were done with about the same amount of product for each and with just one swipe to show the opacity.
Utterly Alone is such a pretty shade with those sparkles. But it did stain my skin pink, which with a little effort was removed. 

Finally, a makeup collection would not be complete without lip products. This collection includes both traditional lipsticks and lip paints, which start shimmery, set as an "electric foil" and leave a stain as it fades. 
Melt Cosmetics x Beetlejuice Collection Lipsticks
Miss Argentina Lipstick, $19
Ultra matte, bright intense vermillion

Ghost with the Most, $19
Ultra matte olive green. This is the one that  caught my eye right away. I'm always on the hunt for the perfect olive lipstick.

Calypso Lipstick, $19
Iridescent magenta. Sheer but can be built up to your desired intensity.
I have not had a chance to really try these on my lips yet unfortunately. I will say Calypso, despite being an iridescent lipstick, was not as sheer as I was expecting. It's easily built up as well. 
Strange & Unusual Electrip Lip Paint, $19
Candy apple red liquid with a peculiar fuchsia duo-chrome shift that leaves behind a pink stain.

It's Showtime! Electrip Lip Paint, $19
Warm purple metallic liquid with a pink duo-chrome shift that leave behind a berry stain.

Weirder & Weirder Electrip Lip Paint, $19
Pitch black base with an odd purple shift that leaves behind a subdued pink stain. This is the official description but I found it early left a stain.
As you can see I merely touched my arm with these lip paints and wiped off the excess within seconds yet it quickly stained my arm and was not easily removed with a makeup wipe. So careful application is needed.
In case you were wondering, their lip paints feature a flat flocked tip foot applicator.


This is the stain you can most likely expect after hours of wear. I simply wiped it off using a makeup wipe.  Weirder & Weirder, the bottom shade, did not, however, leave a stain. Another pass of the makeup wipe and this remnant of color was gone without much effort. The other two shades held on hard despite multiple oil cleansing removal attempts. But later easily removed with some soap and light scrubbing. Despite the lack of a stain, I do still like Weirder & Weirder. It has a nice glittery shine and would look great with a clear gloss on top.
Melt Cosmetics Beetlejuice Juice Collection PR Box
Melt Cosmetics x Beetlejuice Juice Collection PR Box

The full collection box set will be available on a limited basis once again and is priced at $350 with a retail value of $456. However, all items in the set will be available to purchase individually as well. Please note the collection is fully vegan except for The Waiting Room Palette, which features two non-vegan shades. 

The Melt Cosmetics limited edition Beetlejuice Collection officially launches today Wednesday, November 25th at 12pm PST/3pm EST exclusively on the Melt Cosmetics website. They will also be having their Black Friday sale with products as low as $5. Shipping was free for the early sale and I believe that will be the case again so make sure to check out with your Beetlejuice Collection items first then shop afterwards for anything else. And in case you're wondering, to my knowledge the brand has stated that Sephora will only be getting the palettes from this collection. If you would like more details on the products, be sure to preview them now and make your list.

Happy hunting!





You May Also Like

0 comments

Please refrain from spam and posting links to other sites/blogs. Thank you.